Browse By

Category Archives: Community

1462546_732971060124533_1581535739279071055_o

Four tracks from The Oddysee

It’s safe to say Hip-Hop/Rap was my first musical love as a youth and it still has a strong place in my heart to this day. When I first heard The Oddysee by stumbling on the “Oddworld” mixtape back in 2012 followed by “This May Sound Odd” in 2013, I

rtkal-feat

Remix Competition: RTKAL – We Run/Dutty Kruff

In anticipation of our forthcoming Listening Sessions: Live event with Birmingham hip-hop artist RTKAL, we are pleased to present the first Listening Sessions remix competition! RTKAL himself has provided us with acapellas for two tracks from his new Skunk Rock mixtape (which you can download

joec

Dirty Dike – I Ain’t Got A Clue (Prod. Joe Corfield)

Local boom-bap maestro, member of the Oddysee collective and Listening Sessions regular Joe Corfield has produced a track for Dirty Dike, a member of one of the most interesting crews in UK hip hop from recent times, High Focus on the new track “I Ain’t

prospecfeatured

Event Focus – PROspec

It’s no secret that “drum and bass” is almost a dirty word these days, and this is possibly more true in Birmingham than anywhere else – where most weekends you can find at least one event comprised of the usual roster of aggressive jump-up, with

unnamed (1)

Release: The Light of Day [Out now on Futurepast Zine]

The first release to be featured is the “The Light of Day” compilation! It has just been released by Futurepast Zine in the form of a CD and accompanying zine. This release is something special! With 7 out of 9 sonic contributors being Listening Sessions regulars and limited to 100

farniracapture

Farnira.com

www.farnira.com is a great collaborative blog from local talents Farz and Onira, focusing on a range of genres of electronic music. Their monthly podcast series is always a great source of some interesting music, and the quality of the music featured in the blog is